We're out of beta! Cake Wallet MacOS v1.0.1 is out today on the App Store, including new invoice and donation options in the receive screen!
We are excited that Cake Wallet for MacOS is now out of beta!
Cake Wallet for MacOS supports Monero, Bitcoin, and Litecoin. It has more-or-less feature parity with mobile, including:
- Extremely easy to use interface.
- Send, receive, and exchange your crypto using the best rate automatically among 4 providers.
- Use Cake Pay Mobile to buy gift cards in the US at a discount (we need a new name for this, any ideas?). Cake Pay Web is still there for more gift cards and prepaid cards for the US and the rest of the world!
- Create new subaddresses and accounts.
- Create multiple wallets.
- Add a custom node.
- Coin control.
- Create backup files on mobile and restore on desktop, and vice versa.
- Set the exchange and fiat API to Tor-only in settings, if desired, or disable them completely.
This release also includes new features not yet available in Cake Wallet mobile!
In the receive screen, you can change from Mainnet to either “Trocador AnonPay Invoice” or “Trocador AnonPay Donation Link”.
In the invoice screen, you can optionally add an amount (eg: $100 USD), description, and email to be notified at if someone pays the invoice. You will get an invoice link to give to the payer. The payer can pay the invoice with any currency supported on the Trocador website, and you will receive the asset in the wallet type in which you created the invoice (XMR, BTC, or LTC). Invoices are best for one-time payment links.
The donation link screen looks similar, except it creates a reusable donation link that can be paid by any number of people.