Cake Wallet Arrives on Linux!
We are extremely excited to announce that Cake Wallet is now available for Linux as a beta version! Grab it on our GitHub!
Over the years, we have built a user-friendly wallet, and we are happy to bring our open-source, non-custodial Flutter app to Linux for the first time!
Further, our MacOS app now works for Intel devices as well as Apple Silicon (M1/M2) devices!
This first beta release for Linux has rough feature parity with the MacOS desktop version:
- Send and receive Monero, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Haven!
- Exchange using the best rate automatically!
- Use Cake Pay Mobile (looks like we need a new name!) for USA gift cards.
- Save contacts in the Address Book.
- Restore mobile backups on desktop, and vice versa.
- Easily switch between different wallets with their own seeds.
- Optionally select a manual remote node.
- Full Monero subaddress and account support.
- Works on popular operating systems, including Tails, Ubuntu, and others!
- Unique to Linux: set a password that is used for each wallet login and sensitive action, instead of a PIN. Each wallet can/should have a different password.
Ultimately, we build easy-to-use wallet software, with advanced features available for those who need them!
To set a custom install location, follow these commands.
Additional 4.6.5 improvements
Cake Wallet 4.6.5 is out today as well, which includes many other bug fixes. It also allows the balance of each Monero account to be seen in the account overview, which saves time toggling back and forth.
Thanks for using Cake Wallet!